HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest is organized by Curling Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins on December 1st, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. E.S.T. and closes on February 5th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is open to all Curlers and Curling facilities/centres/rinks in Canada.
- There are two opportunities to enter into the contest for a $5,000 Facility Grant.
- Participate in Canada’s BIG Game, which will require each participating curler or curling centre to submit their scores, to curlingdayincanada.ca, for the ends played on February 5th, 2022. One (1) ballot into a draw for the $5,000 curling facility grant will be awarded for each end scored and submitted to a maximum of one submission every fifteen (15) minutes. If there is more than one game happening simultaneously the scores must be combined and submitted only once.
- Put your celebration and activities on the map by creating your own microsite / web page at curlingdayincanada.ca and hosting your own Curling Day celebration locally. Facilities will earn twenty-two (22) ballots in the draw for the $5,000 curling facility grant by publishing their own local Curling Day in Canada microsite / web page.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER:
Each action, as noted in 2.1, completed and submitted through curlingdayincanada.ca, during the Contest Period will earn a ballot into the draw for a $5,000 curling facility grant from Curling Canada (the “Prize”).
- The Contest is open ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside as of the first day of the Contest Period. The Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
- A random draw will be conducted by the Sponsor on February 9, 2022 at approximately 1:00 p.m. E.S.T. The potential winner will be contacted by email or telephone that day. Before being declared a winner, the eligible entrant must first correctly answer without assistance, a mathematical, time limited skill-testing question and complete a signed/returned written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor, their respective parties, related affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and employees from any liability in connection with the Contest or the Prize. In the event the selected entrant is disqualified from eligibility, cannot be contacted by email or telephone within 2 business days of the draw, the Sponsor will select another entrant to be eligible to win the Prize and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility to the first selected entrant(s) in this regard. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions stated above or any conditions provided in the Contest Rules will result in the person being disqualified and not being entitled to the Prize.
- Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
The Contest is open to all curling facilities in Canada.
- By entering the Contest or trying to do so, all persons release the contest sponsor from any damages, which could arise from their participation or attempt to participate in the Contest.
- NOTWITHSTANDING PARAGRAPH 11 by entering the Contest and accepting the Prize, the Prize winner authorize the Sponsor to use, if required, their name, their curling facility name, city of residence, voice, statements, photographs and (or) other image for advertising purposes, without any remuneration whatsoever, unless prohibited by law.
- All entries and requests to participate without purchase are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Any entry, which, as the case may be, has been tampered with or is deteriorated, modified, fraudulent, reproduced or obtained illegally will be rejected. Any entry that does not comply with all required conditions will be rejected and will not give right to participation. Any Contest pieces or other documents, which contain printing or production errors, or any errors, may be void and will not entitle the entrant to the Prize.
- The Sponsor remains at all time sole owner of the winning entry and requests for participation without purchase and declaration forms. Declaration forms, entries and requests for participation without purchase will not be returned to contestants.
- No communication will be exchanged with contestants in the context of the Contest, other than with the selected entrant(s). The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person or cancel one or several entries of a person if he/she enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to the Contest Rules or which would be unfair to the other contestants.
- The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries or submissions that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part if an event or any human intervention corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality or the normal holding of the Contest as provided for in these Contest Rules. In any case, the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, participating retailers, suppliers of prizes, material or services related to the Contest and their employees, agents and representatives will not have to award more prizes than the number of prizes indicated in the Contest Rules or award prizes otherwise than in compliance with the Contest Rules.
- For the purpose of the Contest Rules, in event of a dispute, the entrant is the person whose personal information is provided on the ballet. It is to the curling facility that this person is affiliated with to whom the Prize will be awarded if he/she is declared a winner. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an on-line Entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- All decisions of the Sponsor or those of its representatives regarding any aspect of the Contest are final and binding.
- The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: When you voluntarily choose to register to participate in the Contest, personal information including, e-mail address, first name, last name, city, province/territory, and phone number (collectively “Registrant Information”) will be collected by the Sponsor. SUBJECT TO PARAGRAPH 2 by entering the Contest and providing your Registrant Information, you only consent and agree to: the Sponsors’ collection and use of the Registrant Information to administer the Contest, unless you have consented to receive future marketing and promotional information from Curling Canada.