HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest is organized by Curling Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins on 12:01 a.m. E.S.T. on December 1st, 2021 and closes on January 23rd, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. (The “Contest Period”). The Contest is open to all curling clubs/centres/rinks in Canada.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER:
Visit CURLINGDAYINCANADA.CA and share your curling centre’s past, present, and future Curling Day in Canada celebration plans and stories. The curling centre with the most innovative and inspiring submission will be deemed the winner. All judging will be done by Curling Canada.
The selected curling centre will a) host the first-ever Curling Canada-operated Curling Day in Canada Festival in their community on Curling Day in Canada 2023 and b) the festival will include the hosting of the legendary and iconic Brier Tankard and at least one former Brier athlete (the “Prize”)!
- The Contest is open ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside as of the first day of the Contest Period. The Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
- Following the winner selection the potential winner will be contacted by email or telephone. Before being declared a winner, eligible entrant must first correctly answer without assistance, a Mathematical, time limited skill-testing question and complete a signed/returned written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor, their respective parties, related affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and employees from any liability in connection with the Contest or the Prize. In the event the selected entrant is disqualified from eligibility, cannot be contacted by email or telephone within 2 business days of the winner selection, the Sponsor will select another entrant to be eligible to win the Prize and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility to the first selected entrant(s) in this regard. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions stated above or any conditions provided in the Contest Rules will result in the person being disqualified and not being entitled to the Prize.
- 3.Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
The Contest is open to all curling centres in Canada.
- By entering the Contest or trying to do so, all persons release the Sponsor from any damages, which could arise from their participation or attempt to participate in the Contest.
- By entering the Contest and accepting the award, the chosen curling centre authorizes the Sponsor to use, as maybe required, their name, the Curling Centre name, city of the Curling Centre, voice, statements, photographs and (or) other image for advertising purposes, without any remuneration whatsoever.
- Any entry, which, as the case may be, has been tampered with or is deteriorated, modified, fraudulent, reproduced or obtained illegally will be rejected. Any entry that does not comply with all required conditions will be rejected and will not give right to participation. Any Contest pieces or other documents, which contain printing or production errors, or any errors, will be void and will not entitle the entrant to the Prize.
- The Sponsor remains at all time sole owner of the submissions.
- No communication will be exchanged with curling centre’s sharing of an event in the context of this judging, other than with the chosen curling centre. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a curling club/centre/rink or cancel one or several entries of a person if the curling centre enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Contest Rules or which would be unfair to the other contestants.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected submissions that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Rules or for failure of the website during the Promotional Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part if an event or any human intervention corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality or the normal holding of the Contest as provided for in these Rules. In any case, the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies.
- All decisions of the Sponsor or those of its representatives regarding any aspect of the Contest are final and binding. The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: When you voluntarily choose to register to participate in the Contest, personal information including, e-mail address, first name, last name, city, province/territory, and phone number (collectively “Registrant Information”) will be collected by the Sponsor. SUBJECT TO PARAGRAPH 2 by entering the Contest and providing your Registrant Information, you only consent and agree to: the Sponsors’ collection and use of the Registrant Information to administer the Contest, unless you have consented to receive future marketing and promotional information from Curling Canada.